Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Game talk & Sony Gamer day

I've not played GTA4 within the past few days as MLB 08 The Show has stolen my time yet again. The control and camera issues in GTA4 piss me off to no end. The reviewers were either lying and/or got moneyhatted when doing these reviews. The presentation is like that of a Square Enix AAA game, you know its good, but after that, a lot of it breaks down. I love some of the characters though. Brucie is my second favorite new character this generation after Jensen in Lost Odyssey. The story is good in GTA, but I'm not a fan of a lot of the other stuff with it. I have high hopes for Saint's Row 2 now because they got the gameplay right the first time around.

While I have a launch day PS3, I don't have a lot of games for it. Seven as of today. I bought it for exclusives so I was interested in seeing what Sony had to offer. They have some cool stuff lined up, but some of it is delayed. When Resistance 2 was announced for November, it made sense to move Killzone 2 to 2009. There are other games that they haven't spoken on like 8 Days and Heavy Rain. They have a lot to look forward to, but they aren't really talking.

Microsoft has some stuff planned for this month as well. Banjo 3 will be unveiled and that will be the highlight of the month for sure, outside of me losing weight with Wii Fit. It's been a long time for Banjo, he needs to come back with style.

No comments: